With seat belt laws in place all over the country, it’s no surprise that your car’s safety belt is one of the most crucial pieces of safety equipment in your vehicle. If this vital piece of equipment is frayed, bent, broken, torn or won’t retract correctly, you could be risking your life in the event of an accident. In fact, over 64% of fatalities in car accidents occur because of improper use of seatbelts. To stay safe on the roads, trust the experts at MyAirbags to repair your seat belt and send it back within 24 hours! You’ll receive your repaired seat belt back with a warranty and a 100% money-back guarantee, so you can trust you and your passenger’s safety in our capable hands. Replacing a seat belt is a simple process for MyAirbags; check out below how to remove it from the vehicle.
Seat Belt Removal Instructions
To remove your seat belt for repair with MyAirbags, follow these simple steps:
- First, push the seat all the way forward.
- Locate the bolts that hold the seat belt in. Depending on the make and model of your vehicle, they may be covered by plastic caps or covers, or they may be visible. There is generally one at the bottom of the floor where the seat belt connects, one at shoulder height, and one above the seat belt connector.
- Once these bolts have been removed, you can gently remove the plastic frame that covers the seat belt system from the wall of your vehicle.
- After removing the plastic frame, remove the seat belt retractor at the floor of the car.
- Unplug the wiring or cable attached to this retractor.
- Loosen and remove the bolts at the top of the seat belt and at the bottom where the seat belt connects to the floor.
- Your seatbelt should be completely removed. Now you can send it to MyAirbags.com for quick, expert repair!
Still confused? Not to worry! Our helpful seat belt removal video should sort it out!
Seat Belt Repair with MyAirbags
After you’ve successfully removed your faulty seat belt, just include your contact name, return address and payment or online payment receipt with your carefully packaged safety belt, and send it to MyAirbags at our Greater Atlanta Area Shop. Once our technicians receive your seat belt, they’ll have it repaired, tested and sent back in 24 hours.