Failure to follow the following instructions may result in the accidental deployment of airbag, which increases the risk of serious personal injury or death.
- Never probe the electrical connectors on airbag or seat belt.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load-limiting retractors, or safety belt inflators.
- Do not use electrical testing equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in the service manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. (For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.)
To remove your airbag control module, follow these steps:
- First find the SRS computer module. In most cars, it is under the center console that is between the two front seats, or in the center of the dash on the floor.
- In most GM cars, it is under the driver or passenger seat.
- Disconnect the positive battery cable and wait at least 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, it should be safe to unplug the airbag control module harness wiring plugs.
To install your airbag control module:
- All airbag SRS components must be installed and connected properly before installing the airbag control module. This includes air bags, seat belts, clock spring, and impact sensors.
- Disconnect the battery and bolt down the module. Then connect the harness wiring plugs.
- Wait at least 3 minutes before installing the airbag module in the vehicle.
- Bolt down module with all bolts and then connect harness plugs. (if not then, could deploy roof airbags and seat belts)
- Vehicle needs to be flat on the ground. Not elevated on a jack or lift. (if not then, could deploy roof airbags and seat belts)
- Reconnect battery cables.
Disclaimer: The buyer assumes all risks associated with removing, installing, and usage of a remanufactured part(s). If you have additional questions, please call us at 888-779-9029 or submit a request.